- Multiple parallel workflows
- Workflows can be interactive
- a lot of (<500) predefined workflows are already implemented
- vCO workflows can to integrated into vSphere Web Client
- Integrated vCO in vCAC Appliance can be used. Good practice is to use a stand-alone vCO Appliance.
- Endpoint necessary.
- Install vCAC plug-in in vCO.
- There are also workflows implemented to configure vCAC (e.g. manage SSL certificates).
- vCAC Hosts have to be added to vCO (using a workflow).
- You can create custom menu operation and assign to a blueprint and its machines (e.g. “Install AV Agent”).
Install integrated vCO
- Start service (using putty):
service vco-configuration start
- Log in to vCO Configuration:
- Import SSL certificate for vCenter, Iaas and vCAC Servers/Appliances by “vCenter 5.5 Server” in left panel
- Add vCenter Server
- Install vCenter License
- Check Startup Options
- Add credentials for vCO endpoint in vCAC
- Add vCO endpoint (Link:
- do not forget custom property VMware.VCenterOrchestrator.Priority. If you forget this, you get a nice notification which you can use to copy and paste the property.
- Install Orchestrator Client on Windows
- Configure vCenter Orchestrator Plug-Ins (AD, vCAC)
- Add AD certificates by use of workflow: Library > Microsoft > Active Directory > Configuration > Manage SSL certificates
- Add AD Domain by use of workflow: Library > Microsoft > Active Directory > ConfigureActiveDirectoryServer
- Add vCAC certificates by use of workflow: Library > vCloudAutomationCenter > Configuration > Manage SSL Certificates
- Add vCAC and Iaas Server by use of workflow: Library > vCloudAutomationCenter > Configuration > Add a vCAC host
VMware IT Business Management (ITBM)
- ITBM comes in form of an appliance.
- It is not optimized for WAN connections!
- ITBM accesses data out of a global Reference Database. So it show financial values after the installation.
- For MS Azure and Amazon AWS the system updates actual prices from the provider. These are list prices, no special prices for the specific customer can be considered.
- This DB can be downloaded, so no internet access is necessary afterwards.
- Data in Reference Database comes from ITBM installations.
- A local installation do not have to provide data for the warehouse.
- You can set a specific currency (only one currency).
- By default the system supposes a amortization period of 3 years. This can’t be changes at this time.
- One single method to deploy an environment, independently of the platform (amazon, Microsoft, VMware, Citrix)
- Application Marketplace
Advanced Service Designer
If you want to use just this feature, you can order the smallest available pack of vCAC Advanced.
Monitoring and Reclamation
Administrators/Manager can start request a reclamation. The owner of the machine has to approve the request to release for reclamation or mark the machine as in use.